As a dynamic organization, BJWSA looks for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and opportunities for training and career development. BJWSA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
BJWSA is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse workforce. Ethnic minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to their application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.
Only U.S citizens or those who have legal status to work in the U.S. are eligible for employment.
Current Job Openings
Field Operator I, II or III
Locates, inspects, maintains, installs and repairs water and sewer lines to ensure quality service to BJWSA customers. Performs work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and standards of quality and safety. The position is in the multi-skilled Field Operations workforce. Experience, skill and certification determines level of hire. Reports to the Field Operations Supervisor.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 yr related experience for Field Op I, requires min. of 2 yrs related experience for Field Op II, requires min. of 5 yrs related experience for Field Op III with basic/general electrical knowledge, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math calculations.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a:
- Class D Water Distribution and a Class D Collection System license within 2 yrs of hire or promotion for Field Op. I,
- Class C Water Distribution and a Class C Collection System license within 2 yrs of hire or promotion for Field Op. II,
- Class B Water Distribution and a Class B Collection System license within 2 yrs of hire or promotion for Field Op. III.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker endorsement within 6 months of hire.
Starting Salary: $14.70 to $19.60 per hour (Depending on qualifications) + excellent benefits package to include S.C. Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, and a collaborative team and family type atmosphere.
Applicants must submit a BJWSA application to:
6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909
or fax 843-548-0112
Deadline to apply: December 15, 2017
If you have recently submitted an application for a job opening, you will be contacted if you meet minimum qualifications and are selected for an interview. If you are not contacted for an interview, we appreciate your interest in seeking job opportunities with BJWSA and encourage you to check our job listing website regularly for future opportunities.
Medical Examinations and Drug Test (Post Offer)
An applicant who has received (and accepted) an offer of employment with BJWSA is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug test prior to appointment.